Interested in Dropbox?
What is Dropbox Business?
Dropbox Business is a powerful collaboration platform layered with robust admin features that allows companies to securely access and share their most important business files. Millions of users trust Dropbox to reliably sync and store their data so they can get work done anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Dropbox is a service that empowers users to access and share their files anytime, anywhere, on any device. With over 400 million users who take Dropbox to work inside 8 million businesses and 97% of Fortune 500 companies, Dropbox is the world’s largest, most powerful collaboration network.
It offers the same experience that users love, with the control that IT organizations require. Employees are able to simplify complex workflows with collaborative features like inline commenting, granular sharing, and real-time presence in Microsoft Office. Enterprise-grade security gives organizations the administrative control and visibility that they need to effectively manage these sharing networks. And with 256-bit AES encryption, as well as critical security certifications like ISO 27001 and SOC 1, 2, and 3, Dropbox Business is the solution leading businesses trust to keep their data secure and their employees productive.
Dropbox Business lets your team bring work anywhere, syncing their important files across all their devices. Powerful admin tools help you stay on top of your account and take control of your organization’s information. Shared folders and links help keep everyone up to date, effortlessly. With Dropbox, team members can work together like they’re sitting right next to each other — even when they’re halfway around the world.
It works with all the apps your team already uses to be productive — everything from Word and Excel to Photoshop and Acrobat. Plus support for Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and Linux mean no one’s left out in the cold. Just create a folder, share it, and start collaborating instantly.
It is a powerful cloud-based collaboration platform layered with robust admin features allowing companies to securely access and share their most important business files. millions of users trust Dropbox to reliably sync and store their data across devices, so they can stay productive anytime, anywhere.
Dropbox Business Standard – 3 licenses
Dropbox Business Standard offers powerful storage, sharing, and collaboration tools. The Standard plan on helps your team organize, get in sync, and stay focused on your most important work with 5 TB of space and easy-to-use team management and collaboration tools. It is built for teams needing powerful sharing and collaboration tools, with great features:
Storage: Teams on a Standard plan get 5 TB of storage to share among the entire team.
- File access and data security: Centralize all company files and data in a single place, with control over who can access files, how, and for how long.
- Admin controls: Manage team members and team data from a single, elegant admin console.
- File versioning: With 180 day version history, team members can restore previous versions of files, and admins can see file history and activity logs for 180 days after an event occurs.
- Collaboration: Full access to Dropbox Paper, our beautiful collaboration tool. Support: In-person support available over chat and email.
Dropbox Business Advanced – 3 licenses
Dropbox Business Advanced gives teams as much space as they need, along with sophisticated admin, audit, security, and integration capabilities. The Advanced plan helps your team be organized, stay focused, and get in sync. It has features not available to teams on the Standard plan, including:
- Unlimited storage: Teams on the Advanced plan get as much space as they need.
- Team controls: Admins can enforce team invites, approve which devices team members use for work files, and even access their work accounts with sign-in as user.
- App integrations: Single sign-on (SSO) integrations and API calls for data migrations.
- Admin management: Access to tiered admins, which makes it easy to delegate team administration.
- Real-time support: Access to support agents over phone, chat, or email.
Storage – The amount of space you receive by default
5 TB (5,000 GB)
As much space as needed
256-bit AES and SSL/TLS encryption – Dropbox uses 256-bit AES for files at rest and SSL/TLS for data in transit, so your files are protected.
Legally binding eSignature requests within Dropbox – Add legally binding eSignatures to your documents without ever leaving your Dropbox account.
Version history and file recovery – Version history and file recovery
Send up to 2 GB per Transfer
Send up to 100 GB per Transfer, including customization options
Why Dropbox for Business?
- Network of 2.8B connections
- Largest repository of Microsoft Office files in the world (35B)
- NPS score is 18 points higher than the competition
- Widely adopted
- 400M users, inside over 8M businesses
- 300K+ apps in the Dropbox ecosystem
- Requires minimal training and support
- Best-in-class sync technology
- Delta, LAN & streaming sync
- Automatic bandwidth optimization
- Benchmark for best-in-class ease of use (Gartner)
- Unrivaled speed and performance
- Syncs file an average 5X faster than competitors
- Outpaces competitors around the globe
- Reliable in any environment
- Work on and offline, with files of any size
- Syncs faster at low bandwidth and with intermittent access
- Largest file network in the world with 1B files synced daily
- Enterprise management
- Admin console for visibility, auditing, and team management
- SSO & Active Directory integration, SAML
- Dropbox Business API enables DLP, DRM, SIEM, data migration, e-Discovery, and more.
- SSL encryption in transit
- AES-256 bit at rest
- SOC 3, ISO 27001, ISO27018
How is Dropbox Business different from Dropbox Basic or Dropbox Pro?
|For Individuals||For Individuals||For Teams|
|Dropbox Basic||Dropbox Pro||Dropbox Business|
|Storage||2 GB||1 TB (1,000 GB)||As much as needed|
|File recovery||30 days||30 days||Unlimited|
|Microsoft Office 365 Integration||√||√||√|
|Password protected links||—||√||√|
|Manage employee accounts||—||—||√|
|Limit folder access to certain users||—||—||√|
Why Buy Dropbox for Business over OneDrive, Google Drive and Box?
Dropbox gives end users the best place to get work done and provides IT with the enterprise-grade security and control they require.
Possible Data Migration to Dropbox Scenarios
Working together is about to get a lot easier, as you and your team will be able to access data and collaborate on files anywhere, anytime. Careful planning and execution to move to Dropbox is crucial. You may wish to work with a competent partner to make a smooth migration.
- From Shared Folders from Windows Server or Desktop
- From Qnap, Synology, Drobo, Thecus, Iomega, Lenovo, Seagate Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- From other Cloud Solutions like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive or Box
At Dropbox, being worthy of trust is their highest priority. They’ve earned the trust of over 500 million users by keeping data safe while providing best-in-class performance and usability. For over 200,000 companies, Dropbox Business pairs the benefits of widespread adoption with the controls and certifications IT needs to protect employees and their data.
The result: a truly unique security oﬀering for the enterprise.
- Built on a strong foundation: Dropbox is built with multiple layers of protection across a distributed, reliable infrastructure. With 1.2 billion files synced each day, their infrastructure is optimized for performance at a massive scale and backed by a world-class security organization.
- Compliance to meet your business requirements: Dropbox combines the most accepted standards — like ISO 27001 and SOC 2 — with compliance measures geared to their customers’ specific industries. They provide reports from third-party auditors to help you verify their security practices.
- Adoption – the ultimate security advantage: At Dropbox, they know that real security starts by bringing users onto a sanctioned platform. Dropbox Business leverages ease-of-use and adoption to centralize company data, resulting in greater visibility and control.