IT Support Jobs in Singapore
IT Support Engineer
The Engineer will be responsible for technical jobs or projects with a strong focus on providing IT technical support and solutions. This position will handle the company’s IT systems and application infrastructure projects, provide Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 troubleshooting, and will be required to travel within Singapore from time to time for off-site support.
What is Level 1 Support?
It is the frontend, 1st tier technical support, usually provided by IT Support Engineer with the least experience.
Some of the tasks performed by the Level 1 Support Engineer
- Collect customer requests and information
- Attend to customer phone calls
- Respond to user emails and social media messages
- Conduct basic troubleshooting using questionnaires to find out the level of support needed
- Create tickets for Level 2 support
- Provide product information as required by end users
- Solve common problems such as username and passwords issues, menu navigation, verification of hardware and software, installation issues, and setup.
Level 1 support teams solve user problems by following standard operating procedures (SOP). Level 1 will try to resolve the issue within 60 minutes, after that Level 1 support team will escalate the support ticket to Level 2 support.
What is Level 2 Support?
The team take queries from Level 1 support team. This level of help mostly deals with in-depth troubleshooting and backend analysis. First, a Level 2 Support Engineers reviews the work order from a Level 1 Support Technician to determine how much support was provided, what the client issue is, and how long the client has worked with Level 1.
The Level 2 then communicates with the user for an in-depth analysis of the problem before providing a solution. If a solution is not available, the query moves up to Level 3 support. Usually, Level 2 support personnel have a deep understanding of the company products and extensive experience in troubleshooting. Level 2 support technicians also have more experience working for the company, in-depth training, and access to all company information.
What is Level 3 Support?
The Engineers are very experienced with high product competency. They have gone thru product certification and have access to the highest level of company and product information. They can provide solutions for a wide variety of technical problems. They also provide regular scheduled in-depth training to Level 1 Technicians and Level 2 Engineers.
IT Network Engineer
The Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and managing the local and wide area networks of an organisation to ensure high service availability for users.
This role can include designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary. Network security is also a growing concern that this job needs to address.
IT Support Manager
IT Support Manager will support, manage and train a team of IT Support Engineers. IT Support Engineers will escalate technical issues to them when need arises. IT Support Manager will identify competency gaps and potential leadership among enginers. They will also select engineer to be specialised in physical network infrastructure, virtual cloud infrastructure and cybersecurity domain.
IT Cloud Engineer
The Engineer is responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. This job will have to work with the sales and engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
IT Project Manager
The Manager will manage resources like IT Engineers and products with the clear objective to complete a IT project on time and on budget. They will collaborate closely with IT Sytem Consultant and customers.
IT Security Engineer
The Engineer is responsible for deploying and debugging security appliance like firewall and software, educating teams on security awareness and risks, and ensuring the security of the infrastructure. This job will also covers security hardening and going through security checklist.
IT Security Manager
The Manager is responsible to design, develop and propose IT Security Solutions to customers. The job also covers to project manage the entire deployment work by the IT Security Engineers
IT System Consultant
The Consultant is responsible to design, develop and propose IT Solutions to customers. The job also covers to project manage the entire deployment work by the IT Engineers
IT Operational Director
IT Operational Director will be responsible to drive higher sales revenue, develop the business and inspire the team to achieve the corporate vision and mission by communicating the corporate values.
IT Security Auditor
IT Security Auditor is a CISSP and CREST Certified security professional. The role is to perform Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing.
IT Security Director
IT Security Director will be responsible to ensure the highest security and protection for organization, so that they can have a peace of mind to focus on their core business.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Communicate with staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- To troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- To replace parts for notebook, PC and Server
- To provide end user support
- Create procedural documentation
- To log in service ticket (in Zendesk)
- Create incident / security / IT Audit reports
- Followup diagrams (in Visio) and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritise and manage multiple open helpdesk service ticket at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- Test and evaluate new technology/products/services
- Develop security protection policies for firewall
- Configure VLAN for Switch
- Configure VPN for Firewall
- To perform security hardening for products/services
- To perform monthly security or audit checks on computer equipment.
- To setup/configure/troubleshoot Notebooks, PC and Servers
- Fortinet Firewall
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Qnap NAS
- Synology NAS
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security
- APC Smart UPS
- 3CX / SIP Phones
- HPE Managed Switch
- Ubiquiti Wireless Network
- Microsoft Azure Cloud VM/Network/Backup
- Preferably a Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Computer Engineering or Computer Technology
The Engineer with certifications will be able to learn technology in a structured and organized way. However, with the opportunity to apply their newly acquired knowledge, they are able to be true master in that domain. As there are too many knowledge to learn, engineers’ mindset of continous learning is of paramount importance.
In short, by learning and applying more, one can be earning more.
Below are some of the most valuable IT certifications.
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Engineer (MSCE)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA+ Network+
- Information technology infrastructure library (ITIL 4)
- CompTIA Security+
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CSSP)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security System Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifestyle Professional (CSSLP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CREST Professional Certification
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Master
IT Career Path
From 0-2 years, he or she will be starting as a
- IT L1/L2 Support Engineer – provide helpdesk desktop support to end users via telephone, email or remote support
After 2-4 years, he or she will be moving forward as a
- IT L3 Support Engineer – provide support to escalated issues from L1 / L2 Engineers
- IT Network Engineer – deploy and troubleshoot IT hardware and software on-premises
- IT Cloud Engineer – plan, design, deploy and manage cloud infrastructure solutions for Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- IT Security Engineer – deploy security solutions for hybrid infrastructure, both on-premises and cloud
After 4-6 years, he or she will be climbing upwards as a
- IT Support Manager – provide support and training to engineers for L1 / L2 / L3 Engineers
- IT Project Manager – manage IT project and coordinate communication with engineer and customers
- IT Security Manager – manage IT Security services. To protect against internal threat and to secure against external threat.
After 6-10 years, he or she will be advancing as a
- IT System Consultant – provide support consultancy to customers. work closely with IT Support Manager
- IT Sales Consultant – provide sales consultancy to customers. work closely with IT Project Manager. The role also involve in building deep trusting relationship with customer.
- IT Security Auditor – provide auditing services (like vulnerability assessment and penetration testing VAPT) for IT infrastructure. Support IT Security Manager
Beyond 10 years, he or she can expecting as a
- IT Operational Director – provide corporate alignment, business development
- IT Sales Director – provide sales consultancy to customers. work closely with IT Sales Consultant and IT Project Manager. The role also involve in building deep trusting relationship with customer.
- IT Security Director – provide the highest security and protection to the organisation
- End Year 13th Month Bonus
- Healthy Bonus
- Corporate Profit Sharing Bonus
- Transport/Mobile Allowances
- Centrally located in Singapore
- Near (about 250m) to Marymount MRT
- Discounts for IT Products
- Fun Activities
- Regular Social Gathering
- Use of Gym and Swimming Pool in Office Building
- IT Competency Training / Examinations
- Career/Life Coaching by ICF Coach
- Job-Career-Business (JCB) Path
$2,500.00 – $8,000.00 per month
How to Apply
Interested applicants, kindly send your resume to [email protected]