Recently, we have moved to our new office. Here are some tips for people that are considering to relocate in the next 12 months.
Here’s a handy guide to help you make the move without unnecessary stress.
- Identify and Locate Your Vendor like Internet Services, Phone System, CCTV
- Early Submission for Relocation of Internet Services – Average waiting time is 4-8 weeks.
- Decide on how to dispose old IT equipment before the relocation.
- Decide on how to clean data from faulty old equipment
- Check Fans on Server Rack. Might consider to Replace with a new Server Rack.
- Check Battery for UPS
- Backup Configuration for IT Equipment like NAS, Firewall, Switch
- Backup Data on Server (StorageCraft ShadowProtect with Qnap/Synology NAS or Datto Backup)
- Make the Data Backup and the IT Equipment are not on the same truck or flight. In case of any unforeseen accident, the disaster recovery would be possible,
- Remember to inform your staff, suppliers, banks and customers the actual date of the company relocation the company.
- Prepare to update print materials like letterhead and namecards with the new address.
- Remember to update the new address on your website.
- Remember to update the new address on your social networks pages like Linkedin, Facebook
- Remember to update the new address on Google My Business
- Remember to update the new address on ACRA
- Share your new address with the previous landlord, office unit neighbour and new tenant of the previous office
- Update the new address on your email signature