Upgrade to HTTPS or risk your website search engine ranking
What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser.
Why need SSL for HTTP? Secure HTTP
- Get HTTPs which elicits a stronger Google ranking
- Create safer experiences for your customers
- Build customer trust and improve conversions
- Protect both customer and internal data
- Encrypt browser-to-server and server-to-server communication
- Increase security of your mobile and cloud apps
How does Secure HTTP work?
From July 2018, Google Chrome will detect all website with normal http as “Not Secure”. Visitors to the website will see as “Not Secure” and may not risk to enter to a “Not Secure” Website. This information is extracted from Google Security Blog,
As a result, website without secure https will start to lose its website search engine ranking.
Many international major websites has already upgraded their secure https website. Interestingly, there are still many big local Singapore sites not are not secured yet.
Upgraded to https
Not Upgraded to https (as at 17 May 2018)