What is role of the IT Support?
The primary role of the IT Support is to provide the business the ability to use IT solutions in a reliable and secure way.
The secondary role is to integrate or unify all their IT solutions served on a single platform.
The tasks covers
- Processing Staff Onboarding
- Setup Email Mailbox
- Add User to Distribution List
- Setup User Profile on Server
- Setup User Desktop
- Sign Staff IT Use Policy Agreement
- Handing over of IT Equipment
- Processing Staff Departure
- Backup Mailbox
- Delete User Mailbox
- Delete User from Distribution List
- Deactivate User Profile on Server
- Cleanup User Desktop
- Taking over of IT Equipment
- Troubleshooting Common End User’s issues
- Cannot send and receive email
- Cannot print
- Printer Jam
- Slow PC Performance
- Perform Weekly check on system logs of server
- Perform Weekly backup checks
- Perform Monthly System Health Checklist to check server and network equipment
- Maintain IT Hardware Asset Inventory
- Maintain IT Hardware Standard and Extended Warranty
- Maintain IT Logical and Physical Network Diagram
- Maintain IT Software Licensing
- Maintain IT Services Subscription (Internet Access, Domain, Email Hosting, Web Hosting)
FAQs for IT Support
- What is Outsourced IT?
- Potential Risks in Outsourcing IT Support Services?
- Reasons or Benefits in Outsourcing IT Support Services?
- Problems faced in Outsourcing IT Support Services?
- What is the role of IT Support?
- What is the Basic Skills for IT Support?
- Define SLA. What should be in SLA?
- How to outsource IT Support Services effectively?
- Common Mistakes in Outsourcing IT Support Services
- Early Indicators or Signs of Bad Outsourcing IT Support Services
- What are the consideration in selecting a suitable outsourced IT Support Services Company? How to compare vendor?